1. The Club Shall be called WATFORD CHESS CLUB and its' objective, functioning as an affiliated member of the Hertfordshire
Chess Association shall be to organise and foster the game in the area.
2. The supreme authority of the Club shall be invested in the General Meeting of ts members which alone shall have the
power to make and amend rules. The business of the club shall be managed by its Executive Committee in accordance with the
rules and the decisions of the general Meeting.
3. The annual subscription, and the visitors fees shall be that determined at the Annual General Meeting, and charged
at the discretion of the Committee.
4. The Annual General Meeting shall take place in September of each year, and the Executive Committee shall meet at their
5. The officers of the club shall be elected at the Annual general Meeting and shall consist of President, Secretary,
treasurer, the Team Captains, and a Tournament Secretary. The Executive Committee shall consist of the President, Secretary,
treasurer, the Team Captains, Tournament Secretary, and at least three ordinary members, all of whom shall be elected
at the Annual General Meeting. The Executive Committee shall have the power to fill casual vacancies, combine ofices temporarily,
delegate duties to sub-committeees, and to co-opt members for special purposes. A quorum shall consist of a minimum of four
Committee members. Two officers of the club shall attend the executive and the Annual General Meeting of the Hertfordshire
6. Applications for membership shall be nominated and seconded and the Committee shall be at liberty to refuse any such
application without giving any reasons therefore.
7. The treasurer shall present a balance sheet at the Annual general Meeting. This shall be audited by an Honory Auditor,
who shall be appointed by the Club at a Previous General Meeting.
8. Chess Clocks that are the property of the Club shall not be misused.
9. The Laws of Chess as published by the British Chess federation shall govern all play at the Club.
Rules last revised at AGM 13th Sept 1984